Thursday, September 23, 2021

Some bites (bytes?) of food

Popular Science has been spending September relearning how to eat. Is it because it's Food Safety Education Month? I don't know. And, I didn't notice they were writing to this theme until this week, when I saw this article in my inbox: How to Forage Your Way Through Your Neighborhood. It's a cursory overview of how to take advantage of the free and plentiful (hello, crab apples!) produce of the natural world.

Peruse the PopSci site and you'll find tons of other fun food nuggets they've published recently. A few that grabbed my attention talk about:

  • How to start eating bugs (they're the sustainable protein of the future),
  • A closer look at the environmental impact of reusable kitchen items vs. their disposable counterparts,
  • The taste of color,
  • And, of course there is also an article on the food waste in our own homes.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment